What is Fitness?
Fitness is considered a state of the body’s ability to function efficiently and effectively in work and leisure activities to be healthy to resist hypo-kinetic diseases and to meet emergencies. Fitness Solutions must be adopted to keep up to date health.
My blog is about fitness solutions. I give authentic and unbiased reviews for top fitness products. I have written most of the reviews for physical fitness likes:
What are the main components of Fitness?
The five main components of fitness are:
- Muscular strength.
- Cardiorespiratory endurance.
- Muscular endurance.
- Body composition.
What do you do to improve your fitness?
- Increasing Your Physical Activity
- Set Goals: Make sure that your arranged goals are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic, and time-based (SMART).
- Track Your Progress: Keeping track of your fitness progress is a great way to stay motivated.
- Start Small: It is best to go slow and start with something less intense, such as walking, swimming, or biking rather than jumping to rigorous exercises.
- Add Strength Training: Strength training is vital for physical fitness, but you need to do two strength training workouts each week.
- Take Exercise Classes: Exercise classes yield a good workout and a social outlet as well.
- Find Little Ways to Move More: Adding more small acts of physical activity may also help to enhance your fitness levels.
- Consider Working with a Personal Trainer: A personal trainer can educate you some fruitful workout strategies to keep you focused and seeing results.
- Improving Your Eating Habits
- Calories Determination: You will need to pay heedful aid to your diet to improve your physical fitness.
- Balanced Diet: What you put into your body can make a big difference in your results and how you feel. That’s why it is significant to maintain a balanced diet as you work towards your fitness goals.
- Eliminate Unhealthy Choices: As you work to involve healthier foods in your diet, you should also do what you can to avoid junk food.
- Drink Lots of Water: Drinking water will assist you to stay hydrated, and it can also help you to eat less by filling up your stomach momentarily.
- Making Lifestyle Changes
- See your Doctor: Do not rely on the internet to tell you what restrictions you have based on your medical condition. Each condition is unique; your doctor will know you the best.
- Lose Weight: Being obese puts you at an increased risk of developing chronic diseases, such as diabetes, and it may also be hindering you from being as physically fit as you could be.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking can disrupt with your fitness goals, and it can also lead to cancer, emphysema, and COPD.
- Cut Down on Alcohol: If you are addicted to drink copious amounts of alcohol, it is difficult for you to enhance your physical fitness.
Why is fitness important?
If you’re eating the healthy food and keeping fit, your body will be well built and assist you to manage with stress and also fight diseases.
Eating healthy food and often exercising when you’re a youngster will also help you stay fit later in life. Getting enough sleep is another significant way to keep healthy.
Skills related fitness
The six skill related components of fitness:
- Agility: The ability to change the position of your body quickly and to control the body’s
- Balance: The ability to keep an upright posture while standing still or moving.
- Coordination: The ability to use various parts of the body together efficiently and smoothly.
- Power: The ability to use speed and strength. People with good power can play football, high jump, speed skate, speed swim, etc.
- Reaction Time: The amount of time it takes to move once you realize the need to act.
- Speed: The ability to perform a movement or cover a distance in a short period.
Benefits of Fitness
The Benefits of Fitness involves:
- Control Your Weight.
- Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Reduce your risk of Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome.
- Reduce Your Risk of Some Cancers.
- Strengthen Your Bones and Muscles.
- Improve Your Mental Health and Mood.
Factors affecting fitness
- Gender: Both genders have different body composition. Women undergo significant hormonal changes with age.
- Physique: Can advantage you such as big lean and tall for rebounds in basketball.
- Age: With the increase in age, muscles weaken, bones become more brittle, and the body becomes less flexible.
- Physical disability: When a body part doesn’t function properly.
- Exercise: Increase physical fitness.
- Illness and Fatigue: Doesn’t allow maximum effort and results. Left the person as less alert and unprepared.
- Stress: Affect concentration, muscle performance, decision making, and even high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Environment: Pollution, temperature, humidity, altitude affect performance.
- Diet: To fuel for maximum performance, muscle growth, and repair.
- Drug Taking: Damage to vital organs reduces performance.
These factors affect fitness in one or the other way.
How do you test your fitness?
- Find a partner to keep track of the metrics of each test
- Warm up before testing.
- Perform an aerobic fitness test.
- Perform an anaerobic fitness test.
- Do a push-up test.
- Take a flexibility test to see how flexible your muscle fibers are.
- Test your vertical jump.
- Record all of your findings.
- Frequency: The exercise of minimum 2-3 days a week.
- Intensity: Intensity should be sufficient to develop and maintain a full range of motion.
- Time: 20 – 60 minutes of continuous aerobic exercise.
- Type: Stretching for all major joints and muscle groups.
Some expressions while talking about Fitness Solutions
Today we are going to talk about being fit, talking about fitness and fitness solutions.
Because of the festive seasons, all the sweets and all the oily foods and delicacies that I have been picking on, I realized that I had gained a lot of weight.
So it’s time for me to get back in shape. So we are going to hear look at some expressions that you can use while talking about fitness solutions.
To get fit in shape
That’s the one I just used. It means that you want to become more healthy and lose some weight. Means you need to drop the flab. So that’s what you can use to get fit or to get in shape. You can say, I want to get back in a way, so between you want to lose weight.
Work out means it is the period of exercise. It is an exercise routine. So whatever time that you exercise beat in a gym or you do yoga so that period is called as your work out session or just your work out.
Warm up/Cool down
You may have often heard people saying, oh it’s time for a warm-up session. So what Warm up means is that it is a form of light exercise that preparing your body for an intense workout or for an extraordinary course of exercising.
These are light exercises that you do to prepare your body for a good work out.
Cooldown is when you have to reduce the intensity of your exercise. You may have often seen that you work out on a tread mail, you would see a button named as a cool down. This is radically reducing the intensity to lower your heart rate while you are exercising. And also it follows by stretching, so you stretch your muscles so that it prevents you from causing any of injury or any stiffness.
Burning calories doesn’t latterly means that you set your calories on fire. It just says that you have to lose calories. For example, a piece of cake is about 200 calories. So to eat that, you need to burn calories also. Isn’t it? To stay healthy, you need to burn those calories and definitely, that requires a good work out session. So you can use the expression called burning calories to lose calories which means losing calories.
You might have heard many girls especially talking about their diet plans. Offer them a piece of cake, and they’ll be like O no I’m on a diet. So what exactly dieting means? To go on a diet says to eat healthy food or to eat less. Usually, if you are on a menu, you eat more healthy stuff. You don’t binge on oily food or sweets and chocolates. You eat a healthy thing, and you eat a little less. That’s is being on a diet.
Brisk walking is the best form of exercise. It means that you walk a little fast to increase your heart rate. Usually, people do a lot of brisk walking in the mornings and also in the evenings, but morning brisk walks are just perfect.
Jogging means running, not running fast. What it exactly means is that you jog, you run gently and steadily. This is also a kind of exercise and people love to do and love to go on jogs especially in the mornings.
So these are some expressions that you can use while talking about fitness.
Physical Activities Pyramid
Now we will look at some exercises that people like to do these days. So they are different classes also that people join.
The gym is slang for a word Gymnasium. It is where all the activities as mentioned earlier are performed. There are several gym types of equipment that help you to do exercise.
We are going to look at the necessary equipment that is present in the gym
Yoga is a very Indian traditional, ancient form of exercise. It includes stretching movements, breathing exercises and meditation. It helps to cure chronic diseases, and also it helps to give you peace of mind. It is a union between your body, your soul, and your mind. There are different types of yoga like we have the traditional yoga and power yoga. So people are getting into yoga all over the world these days.
It is a form of exercise which is done on extraordinary equipment. It is an indoor thing which helps you in strengthening and toning your body. It increases your muscles, and it makes you fit. People also like to join Pilates.
Kickboxing is a form of martial arts. It is a combination of boxing and kicking with their feet. It is pretty interesting. It has the elements of karate and especially these young boys love to go for kickboxing classes.
It is a regular exercising where you are stretching and strengthening your muscles, trying to be fit and you are dancing. All the movements in aerobics are dancing moves, and you perform it sometimes on music, pace music. It is totally fun and especially for girls.
Spinning is an indoor exercise and done on cycling. It also makes you look fit. Spinning classes are also conducted all around the world. I have written a post on Top 10 Best Indoor Spinning Bikes Reviews – Complete Buyer’s Guide.
A treadmill is a stationary machine that you can walk or run on. It helps you to burn your calories. See my post Top 10 Best Treadmill Reviews
Cross trainer is where you are paddling, and along with that, you are also moving your hands. It strengthens your upper body and lower body too.
A bike is nothing but a stationary cycle. It is just like a regular bike or a regular bicycle, but it is stationary where are continually paddling. It strengthens your leg muscles.
Rowing is an exciting instrument. It is a belt, and you got to pull it towards your body and then leave it apart. It strengthens your hand muscles and an excellent exercise for your upper body.
These are weights. Barbells are you might have seen in movies people with good muscular body do use barbells. These are the weight plates, and you do exercise with it. It gives you a tone to your muscular mass. Dumbbells are also weights that you hold. Also used to strengthen your muscles of arm and chest.
There are also gym trainers or fitness trainers who focus on you. There are personal trainers too that focuses on the kind of exercises you do depend on what type of body you have. They are pretty helpful.
Great reasons to get fit
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Sleep Better
- Improves Self Esteem
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Decreases Back Pain
- Reduces Risk of Injury
- Prevents Certain Cancers
- Increases Metabolic Rate
Stay fit and exercise at least for an hour a day and trust me you look great.
Stay fit and stay healthy. Take care of yourself and have a great day.